Belief Matters Part 3
From the World to the Word Series
August 2, 2020
Romans 12: 2 (MSG)
“… Don’t become so well-adjusted to your culture that you fit into it without even thinking.
Instead, fix your attention on God. You’ll be changed from the inside out. Readily recognize what he wants from you, and quickly respond to it. Unlike the culture around you, always dragging you down to its level of immaturity, God brings the best out of you, develops well-formed maturity in you.”
THE MOST POPULAR UNBIBLICAL WORLD-VIEWS ( unbiblical isms )
1. Materialism – Is a worldview that what matters in life is money.
2. Hedonism – is a worldview that what matters i life is pleasure.
3. Individualism or Narcissism – “ Me first “ worldview
4. Pragmatism – “Whatever works for you “ worldview
5. Humanism – “ I am god “ worldview
6. Atheism – a world view that “there is no God.”
7. Socialism – “ The government knows best “ worldview
A. Atheistic and materialistic worldview.
B. Suffering is caused by unequal distribution of wealth.
2 Thessalonians 3:10 (NIV)
1 Timothy 5:8 (NET)
1 Timothy 5:9-10 (NIV)
C. Government has rights to take properties and give to another.
Exodus 20:15 (NIV)
1 Timothy 6:17-19 (NET)
2 Corinthians 9:7 (NET)
D. Socialism demonizes the rich.
Philippians 4:11 (NET)
Exodus 20:17 (NET)
E. Socialism seeks to replace family unit.
F. Government doesn’t have limitations.
Matthew 22:21 (NIV)
Psalms 24:1 (KJV)
Philippians 3:20 (NIV)
Socialism greatly contradicts the Bible. Man’s greatest problem is spiritual
Romans 3:23 (NIV)
Solution : Salvation in Christ
8. Relativism – Relativism is truth is according to the one who perceives it. A worldview that there’s no absolute right and wrong
“A large share of the nation’s problems are directly attributed to the absence of a biblical worldview among Americans. A survey of 2033 adults only 4% has a biblical worldview.” – Barna Institute
1. Build your life on biblical eternal views that don’t change.
2. Be ready to speak up and give logical defense of your faith.
1 Peter 3:13-17 (ESV)